Wednesday, June 8, 2011

i need a manicure!

Last week I went to get my nails done again, this time I got a new colour. I love it. Nude nails are definitely in at the moment (according to Sophia).





Whilst I was speaking to my nail technician, she informed me of many different options I have for manicures. I was quite surprised at the number of options I have. So, in order of thickness of the nail, here goes...

Acrylics
BAD BAD BAD BAD. I don't even know why they exist. Pretty much they file your nail down so they're thin as paper and glue plastic on top to add strength and length. Then when you take the nails off, it looks like you've ripped them off. It's dehydrating for your nail bed. Although they may look good, there are other options out there that are a lot more healthy for your nail and look as good (if not BETTER!) The final affect can turn out really bad, being quite thick and can look quite fake.
 

Bio Sculpture Gel Nails
This is what I currently have. They work well for me because my nail bed is still healing from acrylics, so they are quite weak. Bio gel provides a thick coat of gel with a range of colours, including french tips.  You can also get length added on. However they are not as thick as acrylics, and are hydrating for the nail bed. Also, they dry within 2 minutes and don't require hardcore buffing - just a nice light buff that doesn't thin out your nail too much! I definitely recommend these if your nails are still healing, you're trying to strengthen them or you are trying to grow them. When they get taken off the nails do not looked ripped like above. In fact, my ones looked healthier than they ever have. They last for 3-4 weeks and look fantastic!

Shellac
THIS STUFF IS NEWS TO ME! It's thickness is in between bio gel and the natural nail. It's pretty much just a very, very thick gel nail polish - but not as strong as bio gel. I have never had this done but am definitely planning to once my nail bed is healed and strong. It doesn't cost as much as bio gel and looks fantastic - I have seen people with it on. They come in a wide range of colours so you don't have a reason not to choose them! There's no dry time and the colour lasts for 2 weeks. If your nails are healthy and everything but have a tendency to break easily I would recommend these. A great alternative!



And finally... a normal manicure.
Have the most amazing nails ever? Make everybody else jealous because your nails are really strong and never break? Well firstly, screw you, and secondly, a normal manicure is just for you! If you're lucky you might get a hand massage with it along with cuticle treatment, a light buff, nail shaping and a nice colour to go on top. Just don't go and do this...

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I do love your nail colour right now. And also, I had Shellac and it was bloody awesome. Lasted a whole month with no smudges, chips or tears. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OWWWW your poor nails!! Makes my fingertips sore. Ouchies.
    On another note, your nails are awesome! I'm not allowed to get fake nails coz of work (someone might find a nail in their juice otherwise - yummmm!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...