Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Heart Frankie


If you've spent time with me in the past couple of months you are probably aware of my growing magazine obsession. I've come to love them again. I used to be obsessed with magazines, I have countless issues of Dolly and Girlfriend tucked away in cupboards somewhere. However there came that time when I was just "too cool" and "too grown-up" to read those magazines. But I still wasn't allowed to move onto Cleo and Cosmo. So my magazine-reading ritual was at a halt. BUT NEVER FEAR, it's back again thanks to the lovely Marni who allowed me to read her issue of Shop on the way home from uni.

Since then I've tried out different magazines and come to appreciate what each one stands for. The other day I picked up Frankie Magazine simply because of the pretty pages (superficial, I know). But I absolutely adore all the photographs in the magazine, the matte-finish pages and the simplistic design. Most of all though, I love reading the articles. 

I don't think I've come across a magazine like this before. It's got so many interesting interviews, written experiences and life that's captured within the pages. I read the whole thing in two days and am quite sad that it only comes out every two months - now I have to wait until November to read the next issue.

So I guess this is just a little post to show my appreciation for beautifully written articles, the smell of new paper and simplicity we see through photographs and design.

Buy Frankie. It's worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...