Friday, May 6, 2011

jewellery storage

I am a girl. I have lots of jewellery and I love wearing it. I am going to tell you how I store/display it - some is creatively on display and some just... chucked in a box. Literally. And please feel free to comment any ideas you have because I am looking for prettier ways to store my jewellery!

Earrings
There are two types of earrings. Studs and long earrings. For my studs, I'm not that creative. I've just got a pretty patterned box and I chuck them all in there - god knows how many odd ones I have. However for my long earrings, (some I've had since I was 12 so don't judge) I have a fantastic earring board. My closest friend Jazz made this for me when we were about 14 and I've used it ever since. It's pretty much a piece of cardboard with net stapled on it. It's so easy to just hang long earrings on this thing, and it doesn't look ugly either!

Jazz even wrote a message on the back. I Lub Her. We so cool.
Bangles/Bracelets
So I used to just hang all my bangles and bracelets on my jewellery stand which was a birthday present. It's one of my favourite ways to display jewellery however just isn't big enough for all my goods.

Jewellery stand - birthday present from Bani.
So I recently made this bangle's bar to store all my recent and currently fashionable jewellery. (Yes I am aware the ends look a bit... odd. I had nothing else). So I pretty much got the cardboard cylinder from the inside of wrapping paper, cut it to the right size and stuck pretty wrapping paper around it. Then I stuck these pretty pink lids from my deodorant on the ends of the bar, meant to stop the bangles from sliding off, but it doesn't really work and looks a bit strange. Once I find something better for the ends then that will change. Then I pretty much stuck the bar on top of a candle stand which has been lying around forever, and voila! A bangles bar.

Home-made bangles bar.
Rings
Not that creative with these, just have a pretty love-heart shaped plate thing which I chuck em all in. Weee.

Rings
Necklaces
I'm pretty proud of this one. Before I painted my room I used to stick these pins into the wall which made horrible holes in it. But after the paint job I got myself a cork board and I now stick the pins into the frame of the cork board so instead of making holes in the wall they just make holes in a replaceable object! Yeah then I hang my necklaces on the pins. It looks pretty against the wall.

Necklaces
So there it is. Any more creative suggestions let me know. And I'd love to see how you guys store your jewellery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...