Tuesday, May 3, 2011

platform wedges

I used to hate wedges. I thought they looked really silly especially compared to the beautiful black platform heels which were my alternative. However since seeing so many people do the whole wedge platform, it's grown on me and now I am searching myself a pair!

My gorgeous friend Remi and I at a 60s themed party.
She's one of the lovelies who have converted me to loving wedges.
Today I was at Westfield and tried on a couple of wedged shoes. The problem for me however is the fact that they are PRICEY. Even Rubi Shoes didn't have (cheaper) black platform wedges! Way to let me down!
Poppie Wedges from Betts at $89.99 AUD
First I saw these in Betts. They didn't have my size (8) so I had to try one up. They were roomy, but I thought they looked awesome. The quality of the material seemed pretty good, and I liked the lace. They were easy to walk around in but a tad too big so even if I wanted them I'd have to wait 2 weeks for the Betts lady to order them in... yeahno. Plus, $90? Errr I'm a tad too broke for that.



Arden Wedge Heels from Glue at $79.99 AUD
Although these are only $10 cheaper than the Poppie wedges they just appealed to me because... well they were $10 cheaper. Luckily Glue had my size, however I found these boots difficult to walk in. For some reason I tripped like twice (I swear it wasn't due to my clumsyness). They also didn't seem as good quality. The material or something lacked. I was about to put them on layby, but looking back I'm glad I didn't as I'd rather wait for the next paycheck and spend $10 extra on the Poppie wedges.

If anyone knows where I can get cheaper black platform wedges that are comfortable and good quality let me know. Although I doubt it's possible. And please don't recommend Jeffrey Campbell shoes because I already have my eye on them and it makes me depressed cause they are so expensive. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I have the Nine West ones :) Sportsgirl is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried discount shoe warehouse. or whatever it's called, in chatswood? ive actually never been there haha but i saw a picture in their window :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...