Sunday, May 8, 2011

ombre hair colour

Ombre hair colour is a recent trend which occurs when the root colour fades into a lighter colour towards the tips. Sometimes it can look fantastic whereas other times it just looks like regrowth gone bad. I for one used to think ombre colour was terrible full stop - but if you know me then you'll know that certain trends and looks grow on me with time.

Ombre colour gone wrong


I don't think it fades smoothly.
I think this is self explanatory.
I don't know why but this just looks bad to me.
Ombre hair colour can look really bad if the shades don't fade together well. So if you are doing this at home remember to smooth the dye over a large portion of growth. I think ombre hair works better with long hair just because the colours have a smooth transition. With shorter hair it tends to look like undergrowth or regrowth which is a completely different (and bad) look. Straight hair generally looks better as well, because if your hair is curled, the fade might get hidden within the curls and make it look like regrowth once again. Also, don't go from black hair to blonde hair. Just, don't.

Ombre colour lookin' fiiine
Long hair, smooth fade.

VERY smooth fade and not too much contrast. Beautiful.

Nice colouring but I think it would look better straight.

So, I'm trying to decide whether to get ombre hair myself. Personally I think it may go badly because my hair is naturally black and when black hair gets lighter it has a tendency to go orange which I don't want. But then again I could get it dyed a honey tone ... but this might result in too much effort for maintenance. What do you guys think? Would you get ombre hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...