Thursday, May 19, 2011

Newtown adventures

Went to Newtown yesterday with a few friends. It was a lovely sunny day and I felt silly wearing a scarf and barret (stupid unpredictable Sydney weather!) 

There were so many lovely shops there to see. We literally wondered around for about 5 or 6 hours just going and looking at things. I was on a mission to find a copy of Delta Goodrem's 2001 rare single "I Don't Care" but had no luck. Mainly because we didn't come across any second hand CD shops. But there were many lovely music stores with RECORDS! Oh how I love records. And I didn't stop telling everyone how I have stick pictures of Delta's album covers on some random records we have lying at home and stuck them on my pink feature wall. I suppose I shall put a picture of this up sometime soon. Anyway, the CD stores were epic. There is nothing I love more than being surrounded by music (even if it is old rock or new indie stuff that I know nothing about - it still makes me feel like a muso, which I am, in my own way).

Many little stationary book stores popped up, and we never got bored of going through all their trinkets and picture books. Had a long flick through Mary-Kate and Ashley's book and I now know how to tell the two twins apart. I was on the lookout for a stand for my stud earrings, and ended up having to convince a store manager to let me buy one of the ones they used for their own display. Pretty stoked.

$9.95 AU from a random shop in Newtown. This has brought to my attention the great need I have for new earrings.

I was also on a mission to find myself a nice new ring. I didn't really know what I had in mind specifically, but found a pretty one at Dangerfield. My friend bought the same one in black instead of silver. Although I was so keen for some original, vintage ring from some random, vintage, obscure store in Newtown... I didn't really find anything that I actually liked. Mind you, I have never found anything really cool and vintage at Vinnies either, despite so many people telling me it is amazing. Just not lucky.

$10 AU from Dangerfield. Me (left) with the silver version and Sophia (right) with the black version.

Nearly forgot to mention we also went to Magnation. Pretty much magazine heaven, it's got all the mags you'd ever want to read from all different countries. There were so many versions of Cosmo and Vogue I didn't know which one to pick up, until I realised that one was British, one was French, one was American and the other Australian. So I collected a few and went upstairs where they had these cute little bubble domes. We literally sat down for about half an hour just reading all these magazines. Loved it.


We finished the evening off with a lovely Thai meal at "Thai Garn" near a friend's house. Satay chicken, spring rolls, pad thai and pad see yew were delicious. It was a lovely day/night! I recommend Newtown to everybody. Delicious gelato and Asian food!

Us nearing the end of our night.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun day Sohan (I haven't been to Newtown in ages).
    That ring is so different - how does it stay on? And OHMYGOD yes I hate how unpredictable Sydney weather is.

    Carla xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey carla :) it's hard to explain, they go around your fingers but not all the way around... the ring is kinda like a W but a curvy one? haha. X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...